18 Dec 5 Ways to Avoid Holiday Plumbing Disasters
This holiday season you may have multiple guests over for dinner, a large Christmas party, or out of town family and friends who come to stay for an extended period of time. The last thing you need is a holiday plumbing disaster like clogged drain, a cold shower, or non-functioning bathroom facilities. You should want your guest to remember your gathering as a hassle-free pleasant visit.
Call All American Plumbing Services, 727.943.8300, if you have any questions about your holiday plumbing concerns!
The following are 5 tips that you can use to avoid holiday plumbing mishaps and problems during these busy times.
- Know Your Plumbing: As a homeowner, you should know the plumbing throughout your house. Educate yourself on where the water shut-off valves are located. This is essential information when you have a plumbing emergency.
- Put Trash In Its Place: Be sure to have a trashcan in all bathrooms. This will assist in avoiding your guest from disposing of items improperly. Even something as simple as a cotton swab can cause unnecessary issues that could not only be inconvenient but also embarrassing for everyone.
- Don’t Waste Water: Be sure to check all outside spigot/hoses are properly stored and turned to the off position. This will help to avoid unnecessary water waste and keep money in your pocket during this busy time.
- Have Plenty of Hot Water: Turn up your water heater to ensure there is enough hot water for your visiting friends and family to enjoy a nice warm shower; however be sure to keep the temperature at a maximum of 125 degrees.
- Check Your Washer Connections: Make sure the washer and dryer are both functioning properly. Check washer hoses and connections. Make sure there are no cracks in your hose lines nd check the line connections and seals. Stainless steel hoses might be best, so consider a simple swap of hoses prior to the out of town guest arrival.
RELATED ARTICLES: TOILET TIPS