20 Feb Save Water, Energy and Money with Green Plumbing Technologies
What is most people’s favorite color? If you answered “blue”, you’re correct — in fact, 40% of people worldwide chose blue (according to a survey by Cheskin, MSI-ITM, and CMCD/Visual Symbols Library). But although our official colors here at All American Plumbing Services are red, white and blue, we’re actually very partial to green…as in green plumbing. 2.5% of the earth’s water is fresh water — and only .007% is drinkable, we’re doing our part to use green technologies in order to save water, energy and, in our little way, the earth.
We’re a full-service plumbing company and our knowledge and ability to integrate green plumbing technologies extends to new builds, re-models, and even repair work. We work with builders and contractors to install complete environmentally sound systems. This includes water conservation in the form of:
- Efficient hot water systems. When a water heater is installed, it’s important for the hot water tank to be closer to the faucet – allowing less energy consumption and water waste.
- Point-of-use tankless water systems. Although most people see tankless water systems as being green plumbing, there are capacity and temperature rise limitations, so we recommend these systems at point-of-use.
- Hot water demand systems. These green plumbing pumping systems create instant hot water, are easy and inexpensive to install and only cost a couple of dollars per year in energy.
- Low-flow shower head installation. Showering accounts for up to 30% of a home’s water consumption. Low-flow shower heads installation can save hundreds of gallons of wasted water a year.
- Maximum-efficiency toilets. We can recommend a variety of toilets to fit the needs of the household. These include flapperless toilets with pressure assist flush.
- Water-treatment systems. Sometimes tap water just tastes unappealing. Our green plumbing knowledge even extends to recommending state-of-the-art water softeners, water purification systems and point-of-use water filters.
At All American Plumbing Services, our concern about the environment extends into almost every aspect of our work. This is why we’ve put in our application to become certified by the FGBC (Florida Green Building Coalition). But, just because we’re not yet certified, it’s not stopping us from implementing and practicing energy efficient, green plumbing standards throughout our company. This company-wide policy to help the environment is not just a fad — but a lifelong commitment for us all.
Going green makes our world a better place, saves money, and well, it’s just an All American thing to do.